Saturday, November 12, 2016

Celebrating NYE with FTD at the Rose Bowl – Corals + Cognacs

Corals + Cognacs Feature
Admittedly, I never was the biggest fan of New Year’s Eve.
Despite the hype, it tends to be one of those over-hyped weekends in which most of your time is spent waiting in line — be it for the bar, bathroom or coat check. (And in reality, New Year’s Eve is pretty much like every experience I’ve ever had at a nail salon, which you can read about here.)
This year, however, is different – and a major departure from my tired New Year’s traditions.
I should start from the beginning, though.

Corals & Cognacs Hallie Wilson

Hello! I’m Hallie, a Midwest native, New York City transplant and the creator of corals + cognacsMy blog is an online destination for stylish inspiration, lifestyle musings and so much more.
Today, I’m bound for the Golden State with my best friend (and fellow blogger) Jessica – where we’re spending a celebratory weekend at the Rose Bowl with FTD, the official floral sponsor and an affiliate of the Tournament of Roses for more than 60 years.
In my suitcase is an array of chambray shirts, comfortable denim, lots of layers and my favorite pair of white Nike’s. Think cute game-day gear that says “I’m a fashion-conscious fan.”

corals & cognacs game day nikes

My style is attainable, trendy and fun – and game-day or not, it’s usually infused with a healthy dose of athletic aesthetic.
Growing up as an athlete (and in Cleveland, Ohio), I’m a football fan by default. In addition to that, I should also mention that I’m a near-professional tailgater. What’s not to love about daytime parking lot parties?
I’m very excited to spend the week in Pasadena – and I can’t think of a more festive way to ring in the New Year amid a sea of flower-covered floats, football, parades, tailgates — and most importantly, men in uniform(s).
I’ll be live blogging (here on the FTD blog as well as my own), as well as sharing updates and photos onTwitter and Instagram, so I hope you’ll follow along on our adventures!
This past year is proof that life moves quickly, and all-too-often our happiest occasions seem to get lost in the shuffle of stress and self-concern. I’m looking forward to reinstating New Year’s as a momentous annual milestone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment